November 14, 2007

Update on Twin Pregnancy So Far

Since I now have all of this wonderful time available, I thought I'd see what this blogging thing is all about...so here goes!

I've reached 27 weeks today! This is week 4 of bed rest, and I've been on bed rest since 10/15/07 at 22 1/2 weeks due to a short/soft/funneling cervix. I am seeing my OB every 2 weeks as well as the Perinatologist every 2 weeks to measure my cervix as well as track the babies growth (every other appt). At our last appointment on Friday, my cervix was measuring 2.4cm, which is the same as 2 weeks ago, which is good. It is still shorter than they would like, however, so bed rest it is for me. I am not on "strict" bed rest, but I am supposed to be lying down or sitting and off of my feet for most of the day. I can get up to go to the bathroom, get a quick snack, take a shower, go upstairs/downstairs 1/day, but that's about it.

Typical Daily Schedule:
  • Wake up, Tay brings me breakfast in bed before he goes to work
  • Take shower at some point
  • Stay up in bedroom until 11:30 or noon, then come downstairs for lunch, let dog out and get settled in the awesome Lazy Boy recliner my Mom bought me for the rest of the afternoon
  • Pass the time online, watching TV, reading, talking on the phone, and sometimes napping
  • Some days I even have visitors, which I really look forward to!
  • Tay gets home in the evening and makes me dinner (or heats something up that one of our wonderful friends has brought over) and we either watch TV, talk, or even play on the new Nintendo Wii video game
And so it goes...

I also thought I'd post some pictures of me from the beginning of the pregnancy until now...my belly is HUGE!! The doctor said I'm measuring at about term if I was having a singleton, but I still have a long way to go!
about 1 mo pregnant14 weeks
16 weeks
21 weeks
26 weeks

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You look so cute. Youa re all belly!!

Dawn (Dawnangl037 from sidelines)