Thank you to everyone who has called to share their well wishes and to find out how we are doing. Sorry to not have responded to everyone, but between resting, pumping every 2 hours and visiting the babies in the hospital there is not a whole lot of extra time.
I’m hanging in there, feeling better every day. I got home from the hospital on Tuesday and had to leave the boys in the NICU, which was really hard. But we’ve been going to visit them and we help with their feedings, diaper changes, etc. They are both doing well, just working on being able to take their feedings by bottle (Drew gets all his feeds except 1/day by tube, and Will gets every other by tube). It is just up to them to get to that point, so we don't know quite yet when they are going to be able to be home. I'm trying to rest and recover as much as possible so that we're ready when they are. I’m also pumping every 2 hours so that I can have breast milk for when they are ready, and my day seems to go by pretty quickly.
My Mom has been here to help drive me back and forth and take care of me during the day and help with meals, as Taylor went back to work on Wednesday to save his days off until the babies come home. We'll post more pictures and updates as we can.
1 comment:
Thats so true - rest as much as you can before they come home. I think thats one good thing of nicu time, if there is any. lol though, I am sure you would rather then home! They will be home soon!
Good job pumping!!!
Post a Comment